The Commercial Club was incorporated on April 17, 1929. Otto A. Reinke, Joseph P. Platten, Fred N. Torrey, Vincent M. Freiburger and Enoch C. Otis signed the original Article of Organization. Reinke was the first club president with Walter L. Schroder, vice president; Leonard R. Schwartz, secretary.
The first homecomings were held on Main St. after the club organized in 1929. After ten years club members purchased park land known as the “Fair Ground” from the Outagamie County Agriculture Society. The first Homecoming that was held on park land paid off the $1,600 mortgage. World War II shortages suspended homecomings for two years. Except for those years, the celebration was always on the third weekend in June.
From the Start, Commercial Club Projects were a success.
- “The Womanless Wedding”, which was the first club entertainment in November 1929, played twice to sell out crowds in the Community Hall.
- In 1936, the club sponsored Maynard Servis in a Highway 26 club wheelbarrow race. Servis won the race by pushing a wheelbarrow from Waupun to Antigo.
Now 87 years later the club is still going strong. However are fundraising event has switched to a “Harley Raffle” instead of the homecoming.